As I was running this morning, I was thinking about how sad it is that I didn't know until now at the age of 27 how much I love to run. I love the way running makes me feel - it is as if I can feel the blood flow through my body and give me life. Sounds crazy but it is true. As I pondered this fact, I wondered how many things will be like running and how long do I have to wait to discover them? I guess I will find out as life progresses. As for now or last Saturday to be more specific, I ran a 5K with my family and some friends in Southern Pines, NC. It was a blast. The weather was perfect and the scenery was even better. If we ever take the jump and move off post, we will probably buy a house in Southern Pines because it is so beautiful! I finished at about the same time as the last but I was not nearly as worn out. I run a pretty consistent 12 minute mile. Here we are:



I must give our sons props! They sat nicely in the stroller the entire time and Caleb even encouraged me by saying "faster mommy faster" and "good job mom".
5 comments:
I wanna run some 5K's with you!!
Good Job Julie!!! I am sooo proud of you! I haven't run in years and sometimes I miss it. I am glad you enjoy it.
We had fun too! Way to go Julie! And kids. WE can't wait to see you again...
I too have developed a liking for running. Now that the weather has gotten a little cooler, I miss that I can't really run and enjoy it.
Good for you Juls! Way to follow the dream.
Post a Comment