Sunday, October 16, 2011

Our Summer...

This summer was full of unexpected travel and lots of family fun. We went to Utah for Dave's brother's wedding. Then I surprised my mom for her birthday and drove 10 hours to her house. The kids and I had lots of fun and just to prove it to you look at our pictures.
Wedding Fever in UT
The Cherry tree was a hit - free snacks and you got to climb a ladder!
We went to Wheeler Farm and I got to FINALLY milk a cow.
It was much different than I thought but it was cool.

The boys went fishing with Grandma and Grandpa.
They had lots of fun even though they didn't catch anything.
Grandpa took them shooting.
They really enjoyed shooting the metal targets "ping, ping, ping".
Grandma and the kidd-o's at Wheeler Farm
Cat didn't want to hike at all, yet when we found a little stream she did not want to leave.
The boys had a blast hiking the really wet and rocky trail.
The ducks are always a favorite at Wheeler Farm
Cat is secretly learning how to pick locks - hopefully this does not lead to bad teenage habits.
Before the groom's dinner could happen a garage had to be built. There was a tractor, contractors, and cement workers - my boys were all too excited!
Grandpa even let them move the bucket and drive it.
The dashing couple.
Sean and Ashely
They are so awesome and we wish them the best!
At the reception we were having some technical difficulties...
They got straightened out and all was well.
Cute kids...huh!
"Dashing...watch out girls, in 11 years I will be available!"
"Yes, I am cute and you love it!"
"Please tell me this is my new bike...I new it...you guys really do get me"
SURPRISE.....Happy Birthday MOM!
Savannah and Catalina immediately clicked!
They copied each other all the time.
They would pounce on each other and then roll and giggle.
And always hug if we told them too.
Sometimes sharing was not an option, but they pretty much got a long GREAT!
Dax loved having another baby to chase and tease.
Caleb had a blast show Savannah how to do things she never thought of before like jumping.
Pretty much this summer was really fun and I am so glad that our families let me and the kids share it with them. Thank you everyone for such fun memories.
Love YOU!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Dave's brother got married??!!! We had no idea. That is awesome. Who is that dashing young lady? She is beautiful. Tell them congrats for us.

The Crew said...

hooray! glad to see some pics:) miss you!

Rob and Katie said...

Sounds like an average summer with the Kimseys: demolition, gunfire, fun with animals and marital bliss.

Adele said...

LOVE your blog, Jules!!!! Thanks for sharing the website with me sweetie pie! I love to see how the kids are growing and what everyone is up to.

Keebie