Monday, March 15, 2010

Catalina - Inside and Out

Our baby girl is finally here! Here is a picture of me prego so you all can see exactly how huge I got, which explains how huge she was...

4 days before delivery
Catalina Susan Kimsey
I went into labor at 2 o'clock in the morning. My contractions were never consistant but we went to the hospital because I was dialated to a 4 on my visit two weeks before. In the one hour of laboring in triage, I was dialted to 8 cm. We were quickly admitted and rushed to a room so the baby wouldn't be born in the hallway. To my luck, she did not come out too fast so I was able to get an epidural. I labored/slept (thanks epidural) for the next four hours until she was absolutely ready to come out. Three pushes and the next thing we know...we have a green alien. She pooped in utero so she was covered in green slime. Needless to say she was still absolutley adorable. She was taken immediately by a nurse to ensure that her lungs were healthy due to the myconium - she was fine and has a great set of lungs. She sleeps great, eats great and has been an amazing gift. Her final measurements were:
9lbs 11oz and 21 inches long.
Mommy has a BABY GIRL!!
Think she'll ever have a boyfriend?
She was a big baby - yet she is still so small.
Welcome to our crazy, fun, loud and loving home Cati Sue

16 comments:

Michael and Bonnie said...

Congrats Julie and family!!! Big babies are the best :) Hopefully the boys will continue to be nice to her.

David and Jessica Wakefield said...

Yay! Congratulations on Catalina! Thank goodness for epidurals too! We sure miss you. Hope all is well and you are recovering well too.

Mandi said...

Congratulations, Kimseys! You have an adorable family. Catalina is beautiful and BIG! Way to go, Julie!

Taryn said...

Congratulations. She is perfect. We're thrilled for you guys!

Alix Hart said...

Congrats...I love pleasant and non-crazy baby stories! Way to go on a 9 pounder. It's such a comfort to have big, healthy babies. She's adorable!

Stacey B. said...

Finally!! I have been waiting to see this little girl! Congratulations, you are seriously a trooper, pushing out a gigantic baby. She is so cute and her big brothers look so proud. Yeah for you guys!!

Foote Family said...

Congrats!! I can't believe how big she was!

Broseph said...

Congrats! Really great news.

Becker said...

As for the boyfriend? No. Not until college. Trust me. :)

Marisa said...

Hip Hooray! She's here! I kept checking your blog hoping for some pics and now I was greatly rewarded! She is beautiful and I LOVE the name! Congrats Kimseys.

Lori said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys and hope to meet her soon. You are lucky you had such a quick labor. She is beautiful.

audra garrett said...

Congrats! So glad to see some picts! She looks like a cutie!

Jessica S. said...

How much fun having a girl is!! Get used to the "Wow with 2 older brothers is she a tom boy?" I STILL get asked that to this day!
Next time I come over I want to see her.
Jenna was 9 ob. 6 oz...

Rachel said...

AWESOME!!! So excited for you!!!

rachel said...

I finally have your blog!!
Baby Caty Sue is so beautiful! And the boys are in love with her! And I'm in love with you! And apparently with exclaimation points!
I read the entire blog, all the way back to the beginning, now I just want more... but I imagine you have your hands full these days.
I love you. Congratulations. Thank you. You guys are so awesome, you are the coolest family. Kisses on all of your faces,
-R

Luikart Family said...

That's awesome! Thank goodness for the epidural so you didn't have to feel that 9 lb baby coming out! How fun! I hope my next one is a girl. Congrats to you and your family.