In the back left is a tomato plant, on the right is basil and the front left is yellow squash. I just got a few hints from my dad on how to keep bugs out so I am going to try that because something is already eating my basil.
Dax is such a helper. His smile will help them grow. The squash in this plot is a little sad - never fear Daxton is here. Caleb loves to water the plants but he was napping during this gardening moment so no picture is available.
Here is our acorn squash plant. I love acorn squash. Couple of dishes are my fav - acorn squash with butter and brown sugar or acorn squash with butter, brown sugar, orange and nutmeg!! YUMMY! So there ya go - try it I dare you.
Garden Tips from my dad:
For no bugs use:
2tsp Dawn Dishsoap
1qt water
dash of garlic or cayene pepper
Spray mixture on underside of leaves.
Plants that keep bugs out:
Plant a garlic clove and it will grow and bugs will stay away.
Plant a green onion from the store and it will grow and keep bugs away.
The garlic and onion alternative are my favorite because I can reap benefits! I love garlic and onion. Someday I hope to have a large space for a garden so I can be like the people on the cooking channel and just pop out to my garden for fresh produce.
3 comments:
Juls, good tips. Your garden looks so good! I can't believe how much Dax has grown since you guys were here just a few months ago.
Thanks for the tips... your garden looks great! It's more than what I've done, so far I'm all talk... but I'm determined. The backyard of our house is fenced in and we have a great sideyard that would be perfect for a good-sized garden and possibly a few wildflowers. I even found a friend with a green thumb that is willing to help me get started. But, like you said, digging up grass is hard work... and I have yet to find the time. Your post is inspirational though, thanks!!!! I LOVE all the pics of your boys... they are adorable and look like SO much fun!!
Let's hope the bunnies don't get your plants Jules. Mine were eaten to smitherines on Ft. Bragg.
Good luck!
Post a Comment